Saturday 8 October 2016

Unwelcome overnight visitor


Had a little party at our house last night.  In the midst of all the enthusiasm I decided to show Kev Overton the monster bamboo pole tree cutter that I built a few weeks ago, so got the thing out from the bushes at the bottom of the garden, and whilst was doing this, felt something go into my eye.  Rub rub, flush with water etc etc - still bloody uncomfortable.  Couldn't seem to do anything about it, so just kept going.  This morning it still felt like there was something in there, more hacking around to try and see what it was, when suddenly in the mirror, this appeared across my eyeball.  Just about fell over myself in a rush to get it out - nastier than hell: wicked bamboo splinter.  Took a pic of it on Ange's phone to give it some scale.  Think the gungy bit on the end is part of my eyeball :-) .  Good riddance.


No comments:

Post a Comment