Sunday 30 October 2016

The Evinator takes to the pitch

OK, with this and the one below, I officially commit to something other than rugby pictures in the next four posts.  Two reasons offered by way of excuse - I have only been working - utterly and completely Jack-a-dull-boy - did take a camera to India for the purpose of taking something for you - even (as it would have turned out) only the inside of a Delhi hotel.  But when I got there I discovered that I'd not put the memory card back in, so it was zero use.  So I took some crap half-baked things on the half-baked thing a phone is. The second, is that circumstances have conspired against me, and I've not had a chance to see Ev play of late - so here it is - the glorious chaos that is an U11 tournament:

Ev has been moved from flank to centre.  He's probably more a natural as the former than latter,
but he's chuffed with the move, and is adapting to it well.

Above and below; punching a hole through the DEA tigers line.  Always harder at U11,
because there is always a gang of kids following the ball around.


Ev's always liked a bit of contact, but he's deceptive in that he's very good at playing the ball...

as this boy found out to his detriment.  

As with most mini-rugby tournaments, the HK photographic clubs were out in force.  And to be clear
these are not folk whose kids are playing.  They have some seriously nice kit (though I'm not sure
about the gecko fingertip gloves - its about 26 degrees at the moment - with the usual humidity).

Yet another tackle for the Evinator - gets nice and low, very rarely misses.

His mate Charlie Barnes at the team chat - definitely gets my vote for the coolest gum-guard.
Would also get Ev and my vote for man of the matches - fast, strong, and with an eye for the try.

Nicely timed pass from his flyhalf after drawing two players...

a solid fend with his right...

and on his way (was dropped before the line by the long haired kid, but his team rucked over and scored).

No comments:

Post a Comment