Sunday 23 October 2016

Playing fullback with passion

Before I get into this, I should say that I was in Delhi, got back Sunday morning, so missed Evan's football match in which I am told, he stepped up as keeper of note; his team went down 2-3, but from several accounts they were nowhere in the game.  Ev was hyper-busy, including saving a penalty - and despite the result even he seems really happy with the way that he kept.  Which is great, that he is getting that perspective, of outcome beyond the scoreboard.  I was gutted that I missed it.  And sadly not even a phone photo; Ange says she was heart in mouth throughout.

I was however back for Aiden's rugby match - playing fullback for Sai Kung Stingrays. I bought a 320mm lens last week - oooh reach baby, reach - should have done it years ago. Lovely child that he is, he's definitely got his mom's monster competitiveness - goes at it heart-stoppingly hard:

Cover defence, attacking their ball carrier.  Love the expression.  Going full-tilt.
Absolutely has his mom's hyper-competitive genes; just takes him over.

Fielding long kicked ball on his tryline - kick back? hell no, run it back hard (click on these pics and check out the face - makes me laugh, all the fury; and he is very quick and strong over the first 10...
Drop the shoulder, ride the hit ....
and put on the gas...
step through the next....
Freed and on the move...
Eventually scragged and brought down.

Where're you going Goldilocks?  Have this covered, a bit of Aidenator focus.

In the end they lost, but could have won, and the light faded, wet and red faced in the car on the way home, smiling with a beautiful calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment