Monday 7 September 2015

Something special

Spent some time this weekend thinking about bicycle touring, and how that was amongst the best things I've ever done, despite then having to do it alone - not my preferred condition.  Of course this includes thinking about doing it again (where, when, how, with whom - and modifying my bike how?)  I remember the stuff that I learned on my old bike - how I ended up modifying that - ensuring multiple handle bar positions, taking weight off shoulders, rebuilding the back wheel with different spokes for load.  And then I thought well that was twenty something years ago - so things will have changed - though my learning would to me still apply.  So into the world of the top end touring bike, thinking if you check these out, you can work out modifications for your own.  And amidst it all, I came across this, which is, the very end of perfection for long distance touring - the Co-Motion Pangea.  Made me laugh, because it looks like such a plonker of a bike (when I was growing up, before mountain bikes, bikes that looked like this were simply called a "dikwiel") - but this is so absolutely hi-tech art - touring perfection - and about R140,000 for the pleasure (and if people think, woa, that's a lot for a dikwiel, I'd have to agree, though point out that there are very few things that would literally take you around the world under your own steam, for that).

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment