Tuesday 24 September 2013

Some of the US - Charlottesville and Washington

I know, I know - snapshot, how interesting?  Just wanted to give you a look in a Charlottesville.  In truth, probably not wholly representative, but the feel is accurate; very calm and easy on the eye.  Watched a piece of an ice-hockey game through the window on the right - the rink was inside - very entertaining.

This is one of my delightful (and hyper-competent) colleagues Dana - ripping sunlight and an iconic Amtrak station in the background - on our way out in the evening in Charlottesville.

Lauren and Greg - two South Africans living in Charlottesville - who super-kindly invited me to dinner.  Lovely humans.  She's from Durbs, he's from Kerksdorp - it's conceptually a long journey.  I had a complete blast, laughed my head off about this and that - District Nine, a modified HP, and a photo that Greg showed me by Roger Ballen.  Great to get the references, the subtleties. Their kids and their house was so cool - and they dished up the best food I had all trip in the form of some old favourites

Sorry, couldn't resist, the light was so cool and the building so immense and "this is the capital of the world"-ish.  Eish. Washington in the evening from the roof of the hotel.

These are my peeps, so to speaks; really lucky - L2R, Tom Sours, me, Randi, Tom Collimore and Dana Day (D-Day).  Good people, kind people - pretty highly motivated people.  Tom C runs IR for us globally. 

Super-stylish Randi on our way out to dinner - cool perspective lines (and great shirt).

Tom S and Dana D sail forth from the hotel.  Tom Sours will make you ill with laughter, lovely human.

No comments:

Post a Comment