Sunday 9 December 2018

A perfect Saturday

A perfect Saturday, Aiden left at 5.30am to launch his refereeing career, Under 10's at King's Park, lovely to see him engaged.  I was altogether slower out of bed, and we headed into Central with Tracy, Simon and Dylan for a huge feed at Dragon Eye.  I've never quite got people taking photos of food - is it about presentation?  This photo is about the aftermath, ferocious chilli, dumplings of various sorts - nom nom.  Then home for a long afternoon sleep.  Then some bicycle pottering. :-)


In the afternoon I replaced and rebuilt big blue's handlebars.  These are the originals, which are narrower, thin and slightly flexible - which seems like a poor choice (and hence my changing them to a stout aluminium pair).  But I think this was the cause of nerve numbness in my smaller two fingers of my left hand - long hours of road shock with nothing but your hands to soak it up.  A nice little lesson in not thinking you know better than the people who actually know bicycle building.  I chose some funky blue bar tape to ease down the humble pie.



No comments:

Post a Comment