Sunday 11 February 2018

Yau Ley on a winter's day

The air numbers were not looking good, I've been sick, etc etc - just mounting a few excuses why I didn't head out on my bike this morning - and wont be doing so tomorrow either. So it was with cheer that I heard that Tracy had phoned and the Black Shrimp was heading to Yau Ley. 

From the shore, fish farms out to the right, the seafood restaurant jetties in the middle, the shrimp
moored at the end of the second one.
From the water it looks like this - a teeny little village, the restaurant with the blue wall, and the
rest somewhat down at the heel.
 
If you go off the beaten track, into the bush above the village there are the ruins of
houses hinting at a more glorious time.  Seems such a waste.

Some are just eaten up by the undergrowth - this one succumbing to the roots of a rubber tree.

Inside the village itself are some of the teeniest houses imaginable.  This one is maybe
one and a half times the size of a double bed.  I wonder whether they too will be eaten
by the jungle some time.

There are still signs of life, I walked past this patio with its garden shark chilling in the sun.
I love the Shrimp, it's super-slow-moving and mellow, helps you look at the things you're going past.

No comments:

Post a Comment