Saturday 10 February 2018

A weekend at home - little things

One of the things that brutal travel does to me is make me a total homeboy.  I think that's the first time that I've used that word, homie - so that's what it means, homie.  There are beautiful things in one's homenvironment.

Holly's incomparable tail; bee thorax and expression-brush rolled into one.
This is the screen picture on this computer...
This is a fossil that I bought from a slightly strange guy in the Hogsback...

Here they are superimposed on each other, with the fossil at 50% transparency
And then discovering things from your past (the matching colours did it for me)  - like Anton Kannemeyer and Conrad Botes - true artists and iconoclasts when the country needed it most.  The very opposite of the Steinhoff Stellenbosch boeremafia.  If you ever see an exhibition in Joburg by either (or both) fokken doenit net :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment