Tuesday 6 December 2016

Aiden plays against the HK National Team


Aiden played for the KCC Henderson team against the HK U13 National Team this evening.  It was a great reason to leave the office at 5pm, I met Ange there and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  Delightfully the result was a 1-1 draw, which of course feels like a victory for the underdogs.  And that they were.  I think the pic says it all - they were seriously skilled; fit, well drilled positionally and played as a cohesive team.  Watching, it felt like they had a couple of extra players on the field (to the extent that I eventually couldn't resist counting - I know I know).  Aiden played off the bench, and got a third of the game; super-proud to see him out there holding his own and loving it.  His mate from rugby, Jules, was the reserve keeper, and also got on for the last third.  He made an absolutely cracking save about 10 minutes from the end to hold the draw, which was really cool to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment