Sunday 8 May 2016

Some work stuff

I try and avoid worky things, but I was on the road quite a bit in April, some of it unusual (some of it not, but still worth a pic).  For starts, how is this for a cracking view from the meeting rooms of a client in Sydney?  Amazing - bridge and opera-house all in one.  The colour is a bit weird, I think from the tint on the glass.  You can see the shadow of the building I'm in in the water in the foreground.


We also had the launch of our new program in China, lots of anxiety (thankfully misplaced) around this one.  The guy with me is the inestimable Rahul Keshap, who is the global head of the program, based in the US.  I convinced him to go for the the surprised/horrified look - this was before the event started and we had absolutely no idea how many people were actually going to turn up.  It's a false pic for a smile - in reality Rahul is unshakable, one of his many virtues.  In the end it was very well attended and successful, thanks to the efforts of our Beijing based colleagues who pulled off a little miracle - standing room only, and the big players in attendance.


I thought the below was pretty cool; its a photo of a piece of a giant model of the Beijing Financial District which is set out in the lobby of the building that one of our partners is based in.  Its hard to get an idea of the scale from the picture, but I would say around 10m x 10m with this sort of level of detail.  Very cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment