Monday 20 October 2014

A couple of months of catching up - summer ending

Autumn means rugby.  Rugby means early starts to the day.  Here is the gang I was transporting - Aiden, Evan, Fritz (Evan's age - big boy), Charlie, Aiden's big mate, and Thomas - Charlie's lovely little brother (makes me laugh just looking at this child).
I see two months have somehow passed, just like that, as they do when one is not looking.  I've been to quite a few places in that time, my job being what it is - but a couple that I thought I'd remark on here.  First the boys.  Summer's (delightful) delightful wind-down.
We can schlep the crowds around now, because Ange has a new car - which is a seven seater.  Tragically the green machine, my much beloved mad-mobile which you will remember the joy of driving on wet roads is no more.  Eventual mechanical failure that was not in Hong Kong terms worth fixing.  So I have been consigned to the sensible shoe, and Ange got the mini people mover.  Alas, the end of an era for me.

Autumn it may be - but still plenty hot enough to hit the beach for an afternoon of fun, and then an ice-cream from the little shop before heading back up the 112 steps to the car-park.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment