Tuesday 6 April 2021

The day after Easter

Delightfully, is also a holiday in Hong Kong - though I felt guilty about not working.  Aaaargh.  Certainly there is plenty to do, but that is tomorrow's problem.  There's been a lot of banter in No89GF of late about the actual tennis rankings.  Aiden seems to have accepted that the Pickle's prowess on the court has overshadowed his, Ange who played league here for years hasn't played since 2019 (and in fairness is probably still number 1 with her nagging consistency and hyper-competitive will to chase everything down), I haven't played for probably a year longer.  So Ev threw down the gauntlet, and we hit the courts in Po Lam at 6.45am this morning, a delightful start to the day.  I can barely walk now :-/

Yesterday we wen't to lunch at Liz and Pete's place, it was really divine - delightfully cool and grey sky and sea-wise, but then delightfully coloured flowers, and a uniquely decorated hat for everyone.  It was so lovely and so pretty - along with Liz's kaleidoscope of flotsam along the wall of the pool.  In the morning Aiden and I made a massive pot of butternut soup - so nice to cook something with him.



My hat was perfect for me I thought: firstly, on the top it has two sunflowers (which I so strongly associate with South Africa - I remember they used to pop up outside my bedroom window as a child from time to time, thanks to me throwing old hamster food out there :-) and one of those dangerous looking red and white mushrooms from Newland's forest; on the side a Namaqualand daisy with a couple of ladybugs which marvelously match the mushroom, and then from next to the front door of 121 Perseus, a row of  hydrangeas, topped with a bunch of roses which look like these ones (I just love this portrait of Rose):





 

No comments:

Post a Comment