Sunday 21 March 2021

Planning domestic adventures, back in the sea, the boys and some pain to celebrate

 I've spent the past two weeks out on the bike most mornings, until maybe Wednesday, when I decided that it was warm enough to get back in the sea.  What a treat!  The water has been crystal clear - literally bonkers visibility - saw a beautiful ray on Saturday morning - it's been terrific.  The forest is full of jasmine at the moment too, so it smells fantastic.

The forest path / stairs down to the beach - just love it.

The road team, super hard working, in classic hats.

The immediate goal (apart from staying sane and effective at work) is to take a day off an go and ride the Northern New Territories cycle trail that opened recently.  From what I've read, it was designed by well meaning people who don't also ride bikes - but who cares?  I cant wait.  It goes through some iconic New Territories areas, and should be cool.  Only small problem is that its a 25km ride from our house to the start - making the whole around 85 kms - which is fine - but a there and back of 170 would be a bit taxing I suspect.  Because I want to take swimming gear and a change of clothes, and some food, and a spare tube and pump, and flip flops and a towel, but I really don't want all that on my back, pounding my butt into the saddle, I decided to use just the front panniers.  So loaded those up today and took them for a nice ride - one forgets the difference, certainly in the neighbourhood hills.

Blue, ready for a training ride at 5 something this morning

The route itself was difficult to show, the gov map doesn't include our area or house however, but I superimposed it on a google map to give you and idea.  Should be really cool:

The route - but one has to ride from the red dot to the start first.

The real excitement at the moment is this: never thought I'd be so excited to get an injection; not that it is going to make a huge short term difference, but to borrow from Winston C - "it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning" (or something like that):


Mostly I'm so happy to have spent so much time at home in the last 15 months - though I regret the circumstances, I don't think I would have been able to do this in any other way, and it's been wonderful, really wonderful, for me, for my relationship with Ange, Aiden and Ev.  Aiden appeared a couple of hours ago and asked Ev and I if we wanted to go for a walk!?  So lovely.  Ange was having a kip, so off we went.  Of course a walk has to include a bit of med martial arts and general fooling around.  He's relentless.


Chuck Norris doll Aiden... aiyaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment