Sunday 6 October 2019

And so onto Sunday

Despite some disquiet about the city, which is bugging me... its hard to see how this plays out... it's been a lovely day because no-one can really go anywhere other than local.  My current bike saddle is on it's last legs (touring saddles have tension bolts so you can adjust them as they stretch), so I thought I better buy a new one (the one below) and set about breaking it in (they being like new leather boots).  It's a thing of beauty.  I've ridden a number of 25s and 45s on it - seemed fine.  So yesterday I rode 70+ and instead of breaking it, it broke me: literally, raw ass in places. wtf.  So with appropriate medication, I took a break from riding today and rebuilt the touring version - carrier mounts for panniers... and the old saddle back again.  Bloody hell.

Fiddly little awkward places, washers and spacers...

Plenty of help from the inquisitive cat

The finished article.  God damn its so cool :-) With the old saddle though - once bitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment