Thursday 18 July 2019

Paradise holiday villa in Bali - chillin with the Schats in Villa Asante, Canggu

We went to Bali for a week, and stayed at Pieter and Robyn's house.  This was something that Ange was really keen on, on Robyn has been saying to me for ages - "you guys must come to Bali".  But I'm thinking to myself - I don't really like crowds and population pressure wasted places - I want unspoiled (being spoiled by SA, which while getting alarmingly more populated in my life-time, still really is often pristine).  I think this about Bali, because I've been there before - Seminyak, Kuta, and to some extent it felt like a giant Aussie trailer park - so to speak (and not that I would necessarily mind that).  Anyway - I was just wrong wrong wrong.  The place is super-populated and mildly hammered - but it was fantastic.  For a range of reasons.  Two of them being Canggu, and being with the Schats crew - in their totally fabulous house - and by that, I mean this (what you can't see in this pic are the volleyball court and garden behind me, and details like table tennis tables and cracking sound system which are lurking in the shadows under the open area on the left.  Serious holiday chill-zone, unrivaled.  I was keeping my HK habit going and was up early to go running without fiendish traffic - so this pic below is the early morning scene.

Asante means thank you in Swahili - thank you indeed

Aiden and Evan soaking up some pool - time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment