Saturday 1 September 2018

The family stone

I think I mentioned to you that over some period of time I grew a formidable salivary gland stone.  It seems the weirdest thing - literally had never heard of it before - and it had to be surgically removed when I got back to Hong Kong.  Did I mention to you that my grandfather, your great grandfather, Barry had one - and my Auntie Jen told me that when his was removed his facial nerve was damaged, which left him with the rakish smile that I remember him having.  He was such a cool person, the smile was perfect.  Anyway, I duly showed up for the knife job, which was performed through the neck, removing the whole gland (it's one of four, so apparently no big deal).  Got let out of the hospital on Wednesday when the drain came out of my neck.  They gave me the CT scans - so it was the first time that I actually saw the problem... how hectic is this little face traveling meteorite?


No comments:

Post a Comment