Monday 16 July 2018

Americana - thereafter

No explanation needed - super cool Mustang, showroom condition.  Auto-art, and Americana

This is the CFA building in Charlottesville, which was previously the Martha Jefferson hospital.

A colleague of mine was telling me that one of their colleagues was born in the exact same place in which she now works.  The standing joke is that she's gone nowhere in life; made me giggle that.

Much to smile about - in Charlottesville I found my next bike (whenever that is), the Surly Midnight Special.  It's the first time I've physically seen one (in this instance not actually for sale, owned by one of the people who work at the shop) - and it is divine.  It represents the evolutionary outcome of my cycling philosophy.

Shebeen. In the bar and restaurant in Charlottesville called "The Shebeen" watching the World Cup final.  It's one of those great moments of belonging to the human race, as literally everyone on the planet who can, watches the same thing.

With my divine friend Tom Sours, in his vast garden with his absolutely beautiful family; Victoria, Jackson and Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment